Friday, December 12, 2008

The Cutting-Edge

Reaching forward to those things which are ahead. (NKJV) ~ Philippians 3:13
Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love ... live. Chained by his attitude, he is a slave; he has forfeited freedom.

What a privilege for us to be able to walk by faith in God, armed with all the promises of His Word. I suppose we all desire the security of the solid tree trunk, but the fruit is out on the limb.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. The timid soul asks, "What do I stand to lose if I do it?" The fruit-bearing Christians asks, "What do I stand to lose if I don't do it?" Real life is lived on the cutting-edge.

This is from the New Every Morning Pocket Devotions by Nico Bougas, 2006.

This particular post is to encourage all my brothers and sisters in Christ all around the globe during what would appear to be 'uncertain' times. Remember our God is still on the Throne, commanding all things for His Glory. We are more than conquerors -- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. ~ Romans 8:28

Please, I ask that you also kindly keep me and my family in prayer -- a director has told me I could face being laid-off. You know, God is in control. Look at the story of Joseph. His brothers had sold him into slavery meaning it for evil, but God worked it all for good. Hear what Joseph says to his brothers after revealing himself to them in Genesis 45:5 - Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.

I know God is getting my attention...